My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Amidst all of the adventure and new occurrences that took place this last week, spring cleaning has begun. This fact makes me both energized and depressed. What is it about sunny, breezy weather that motivates one to put on her working jeans and roll up her sleeves for a date with the dust rag?? It feels good to get organized and blow off the cob webs, but I am overwhelmed by all that I want to complete and discouraged by the fact that I need to accept that some of it just might not get done. It's simply not possible to get into a good cleaning groove when it is constantly being interrupted by my sweet Charity. Nonetheless, I have to make the most of every nap and quiet play time so I can get some of the busy work done.

I actually love being clean and organized. However, the satisfaction of living clean and organized doesn't come very often any more. It's another one of those things that I have felt defeated by since motherhood. I imagine this is true of most young moms. But, I'm not going to let that sense of defeat get the best of me! I personally feel that if I can truly get myself to the organized state that I desire, it will give me a sense of freedom to just "be" again. It will give me more freedom to seek out those old passions and dust them off... I guess I am doing a personal spring cleaning as well as a household spring cleaning!



This spring's projects: cleaning out the garage, organizing the garage, organizing our master closet, organizing the laundry room, storing old baby things, and (hopefully) becoming somewhat of a minimalist... throwing out the unused and useless. ...A lot of organizing to do!! So, I feel like I have been cleaning non-stop since Monday. The sad thing is that I haven't even began the above mentioned projects. I'm still busy keeping up with the laundry and the dishes and the..... when did my life become nothing but changing diapers, filling bottles and picking up after my daughter and husband? It's a good thing I love them so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA, you have to pick up after John!! Probably shouldn't laugh at that, with Amy gone . . . not much cleaning gets done at my apt. so when your done there wanna come up here. I still think it's funny that John got categorized with a toddler!

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, and my spring cleaning involves wiping down my laptop, to get all the nasty oils off, and my guitars so they look pretty for a few days. See I have kids they are just . . . inanimate objects!