My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Last Month and a Half

The hiatus is over... "Hello Blog-world, I'm back!"  While it's been fun vacationing from the internet and not feeling tied to down to facebook status updates or blog posts and the like, my craving for expression and the recognition that I want to continue my journey towards self discovery has returned, and I miss my blogging days. I realize it has been quite a while (particularly for someone who blogged two or three times weekly minimum). I only hope those who actually have been faithful readers have not lost hope in me.  I was not gone for good.  No.  This summer has simply brought anticipated yet uncontrollable hectic-ness into our lives and the last thing I wanted to fret about was wether or not my blog news was current.


Alas, the last month and a half has been amazing and crazy.  Camp seems like a millennia ago, and though August is around the corner, I am beginning to wonder if fall can get here any sooner.  And in less than two months, my little girl has already blossomed and changed into a small person who is discovering how to interact with her world more and more each day.  Her face brightens the gloom out of any day.








Our two weeks of youth summer camp were both fabulous and very challenging.  ...An experience I enjoyed, but may not repeat.  At least not for a couple of years.  While Charity loved watching all the kids play, kicked her feet in the pool and enjoyed experiencing candy and ice cream for the first time (thanks to the generosity of our students!), the eating, napping, and all around put together schedule that we had at home was completely out the window.  This made for a very long and tiring two weeks in the Redwood forest.


Since camp, John has been out of town twice.  Currently, he is more than out of town; he is out of the country.  He is now four days into his two-week ministry trip to Taiwan with five other individuals from our church. If you are interested in following their journey or knowing how you can pray for them, check out their facebook fan page here.  If you are a facebook member, be sure to "like" the fan page so that you can get the updates.  On the page you can also view the daily videos that John is posting, which are so fabulous to watch because we actually get to witness a bit of what they are doing in another country as they do it.


...This means that I'm doing the single-mom thing until the end of the month.  It's been a little rough being alone with raging pregnancy hormones on the lose, but I've actually survived quite well.  Originally I was going to go up to Sac and stay with my parents, as I often do, but it has turned out to be nice to exercise a little independence here at home and attempt to tackle some of my many projects around the house.  I'm also blessed to be able to use the wonders of modern technology to video chat with John every morning when I wake up and he goes to bed, and every evening when I am eating dinner and he is eating breakfast.  It's pretty amazing to even see Charity interact with Daddy on the screen.  Technology today certainly has it's curses, but this is something I count as blessing.


Now that I'm back into the swing of things, I want ensure my faithful readers (and even those who read only occasionally) that I am back into full gear with lots of great blog posts lined up.  Including:  a book review, more thoughts on parenting and pregnancy, weeks of wonderful, and several great topics of "Making the Ordinary Extraordinary".  Be on the lookout for Ordinary to Extraordinary posts on picture hanging, jarred tomato sauce (with a twist you may not expect), and even H2O (who knew?!)


I'm happy to be back in the blogging circut again.  Until next time...

3 comments:

Felicia said...

I must say you sound like a professional blogger. Anyway, I'm happy to have you back; getting to see a peek into your everyday life. :)

Charlene said...

Yea!! Glad you are back! <3

Unknown said...

Love your blogs and reading them. The pictures of Charity are so cute.