My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week of Wonderful... It's Vacance Time!

Wow, we have had some monumental moments this week!  Those of you who follow my instagram know what I'm talking about. Earlier last week, John's mother arrived and is visiting for three weeks.  Her presence has allowed for some fun activities to be had.
Here is the last week in quick review:

Little Things That Made This Week Wonderful...

  • family (John's mom) at a huggable distance.  something I will never take for granted again.
  • my friend's birthday party at a lovely little café in Paris... we got to meet some possible future friends that way too!  (did you hear that! -- I have friends! -- a true accomplishment for living abroad amongst french people, nonetheless!)
  • some exquisite loose leaf tea from a premiere tea room in Paris... it has notes of chocolate and an aroma that is amazing!! 
  • my son gives giant "mmmm-whaaa!" kisses.
  • more time with my fave book... seriously, this has got to be one of the best reads ever!!
  • joining worship team this morning in church.  one of my favorite activities... a joy and passion.
  • treats from the boulangerie (bakery)!
  • one-on-one time with each kid! (see below)
  • a special dinner spent with out of town guests who blessed our socks off.
  • the bells of Notre Dame.  glory.

This next part hardly qualifies as a "little thing".  Therefore, these are a couple of the Big Things that made this week wonderful...

One of the blessings of having their "Nana" around this week, is that we have built in child care for the kids.  John and I decided to take advantage of this in a unique way.  Firstly, we took a couple days to wander around the city by ourselves and have a true date out.  We never get to enjoy Paris the way most people imagine experiencing the city because we always have our kids in tow.  This made it pretty fun.... we felt like tourists again!
Secondly, we are fortunate enough to own annual passes for Disneyland Paris, so we gave each kid their very own day at Disneyland with mom and dad.  It's a such a rare occasion that we get to spend individual time with a child these days.  What an extra special treat this was...  And boy did it deliver as a great investment into our children.






No comments: