My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feels Like Home

I'm sitting in the upstairs guest bedroom of my parent's house. This is one of three guest spaces in their home. This place is huge. The very smell of this place is a comfort to me. No, this isn't the house that I grew up in. In fact, I never even lived in this home once. My parents moved into this house just months before I was married.
Maybe it's because my parents live here. Maybe it's because it is still filled with that which is familiar and nostalgic. Maybe it has to do with all the good food that my mom cooks which aromas fill this place. Maybe it is simply because this home is beautiful, elegant, grand, and serene.... But something about this place makes me feel at home.
John is going to be gone this upcoming week at a conference, and it is my precious niece's two-year birthday party tomorrow, so it made for the perfect excuse to bring Charity and mommy up for a visit with the grandparents.
I always love it when I come here. I don't have to worry about housework, and I get to enjoy the wonderful cooking of my mother plus visiting with family and loved ones that I care about. These uncharacteristic additional hours of relaxation that are earned upon each stay here, always allow me the opportunity to have a more meditative spirit; a chance to do some self-reflection. I look forward to these times as well when I will be hanging out with my Heavenly Papa. I'm eager to see what new musings I may come upon while here.
...Will share these upcoming musings before returning home...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's so cool to have an oasis where you can relax and be with family and not worry about housework. What a great time to help build you up!

Unknown said...

I know how you feel about going home. Growing up my grandparents house was home and it was the saddest day of my life when they sold it. I miss going there.

My mom's house is where she grew up and I love going and being there because that is home to me.