My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Week of Wonderful


Ten Things That Made This Week Wonderful
  1. On Tuesday, we went on a double date with a couple to the movies, AND our friend had movie passes so it was a free date!
  2. Wednesday night was special because I had the opportunity to bond with a very special student from our youth group who I love dearly.
  3. Even more progress was made in the garage this week... the end is in site. Hurray!
  4. Charity's sleep habits have been improving this week. Let's hope this is a more permanent pattern.
  5. I made a double batch of broccoli cheese soup. Great dinner; even better left overs!
  6. Spring weather = love love love!!
  7. When Charity babbles, it sounds likes she's engaged in conversation, even though it isn't english! I love it!
  8. My sweet little niece turned two this week! I got to go to her Birthday party yesterday, which was such a delight. Love seeing Charity play with her cousins. And the birthday girl calls me "Uncle Beff" (as opposed to "Auntie Beth") "...and Cherrity too!"
  9. For lunch today I had a DELICIOUS curried chicken salad sandwich on a croissant. I LOVE curry and this was an exciting new way to eat it! In the words of Rachael Ray, "Yum-O!"
  10. As mentioned before, it is always a treat to escape to my parent's home and relax. So I am enjoying my "retreat-ful" weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random - I just thought I would share that I made curried chicken sandwiches for our harp tea party yesterday and got to enjoy the leftovers today for lunch. I know what you mean!
-Lauren

Maribeth said...

Lauren, I would love to know what your recipe was!... This one I had had dried cranberries and water-chestnuts (instead of celery) I want to try to duplicate it sometime...