My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Laundry



It is the bane of my existence.  I will be the first to admit that this is the one area where I have utterly failed in my role as a homemaker.  If anyone has any advice on how to better tackle this task, I need the help!  I hate doing the laundry.  


In an ideal world, I would do the laundry on a regular, designated day of the week, and it would be efficiently executed in my clean laundry room and later sorted, neatly folded, and carefully put away into its respective areas that same day.  Sadly, more often then not, it winds up in unsorted piles of clean and dirty and unknown scattered around my bedroom.  Shamefully, I must digress that these piles of clothes take over our master bedroom in total probably around eight months out of the year (perhaps I'm being generous in alluding that for the other four months of the year, my bedroom is sparkly clean).  When surrounded by such a surmounting amount of clothing, it only discourages me more from completing the ever looming task.


In addition, while in the process of organizing our junk-filled garage, we all know that organization projects sometimes require things to get messy before they can get clean.  The junk must come in.  There was an overwhelming amount of clothing in our garage.  So guess where it all is now?  Yep.  In my bedroom.  Thus, I am totally discouraged by the knee-deep levels of garments to go through.


Charity has some sort of rash all over her skin today (unknown cause until we take her to pediatrician tomorrow).  Because of this, I figured it best to not expose her to the other children in the nursery, so she and I skipped church this morning.  You would think that this would allow for me to have all kinds of extra time to tackle my big laundry chore, but Charity decided to wake up bright and early this morning. So my energy levels for any type of daunting task completion (save for writing a humorous blog about it) has been depleted.  


Well, Monday is "suppose" to be laundry day... perhaps I'll be able to see my bedroom floor by tomorrow night.  I'm crossing my fingers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know when you figure this out. After 14 years of marriage and 12 of mothering, I have yet to conquer it. I do laundry every day of the week. The only trick that I do have, is as I take the laundry out of the dryer, I dump it on my side of the bed. It forces me to fold it to get in!

Unknown said...

HAMPERS! Okay. So just say your main areas of changing are the bathroom, bedroom, and Charity's room. In each of those rooms, have two cute hampers, one for clothes and one for dirty towels and under things. That way, you don't have to walk very far at any point where you are at, and they are already pretty much organized to be cleaned. From there, maybe in your laundry room, you could have a couple open hampers for reds, pants, shirts, under things, et cetera, and that way, they are further organized.

My problem is putting the clothes away afterward, but I hope this maybe helps? Love you!