My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Week of Wonderful

This week was so excellent, it may be hard to confine it to just ten things! Nonetheless, I shall attempt to suppress my optimism just a bit! :)
Ten Things That Made This Week Wonderful:
  1. Topping the list this week is my Tuesday morning. Check out how wonderful this was:
  2. Tuesday night, we got to skype with our very dear friends who live in Redding. It was an awesome conversation with people we miss very much.
  3. John baby-proofed our kitchen this week. It's nice to no longer worry about what Charity is getting into over there.
  4. I ordered a blu-ray movie online for cheaper than the standard DVD. It came in the mail on Thursday. We had fun watching it.
  5. Our friends brought over a Marie Calendar's razzleberry pie for dessert one night, and then let us keep what was left... sweet!
  6. I've been enjoying the leftovers of my curried chicken salad all week!
  7. Because Sunday is a work day for John, we celebrated part of Mother's Day on Saturday morning. I got to sleep in and had breakfast made for me!
  8. My Mother's Day gift "from Charity" was a set of "mommy and me" hair adornments made by my sister (see photo right). If you like them, you should check out her shop on etsy.com.
  9. We played the song portions from the Sound of Music movie for Charity the other night. She really liked listening as mommy and daddy sang the songs to her!
  10. Our youth band lead worship in church this morning, it was really excellent!
  11. (I know, I had to have an eleventh!) My second Mother's Day was wonderful. I love Mother's Day. As mentioned in my previous post, it is swiftly becoming one of my favorite days in the year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I loved your week of wonderful this week. It's so nice to see how you can find 10 great things about your week, even if they seem insignificant. Wouldn't we all be better people if we could ALL take a lesson from you and remember ten great things about our week.

Ofcourse, I enjoyed being in the number 2 spot :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. The video was very cute! The Sound of Music is on my top ten all time faves!