My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Week of Wonderful

It has been a jam-packed, wonderful week indeed!  We've been so busy, I never got around to writing any additional posts this week.  My optimistic week in revue will show you what I mean...

Ten Things That Made This Week Wonderful:
  1. My God is so tenderly gracious with me.  Between my constant woes and joys, he proves faithful and kind, gracious and compassionate, patient and abounding in goodness and love.  This week, those characteristics of my magnificent God were as evident as ever.
  2. Tuesday started our week of adventure.  We dropped off Charity at the home of a church family for a couple of days and left for Southern California.  We were able to use John's father's hotel points to stay in a fancy hotel in Anaheim for free.... how fabulous!
  3. Wednesday was mine and John's four year anniversary.  I cannot believe I am such a blessed woman that I get to spend each day with someone I am so crazy about.  I have a wonderful husband!  Here is a picture of our monumental day four years ago: 
  4. Our anniversary was spent at the Happiest Place on Earth:  Disneyland!  What fun we had!
  5. I loved watching little kids and babies all over Disneyland, constantly thinking of Charity while we were there and anxious for the next time that we can bring her along.
  6. John bought me some See's candy for our special day, only my favorite chocolate ever, and I have been enjoying it all week!
  7. We were barely home from our anniversary trip a day, when we packed up Friday afternoon to drive up to Sac for a quick visit at my parent's home.  We had a a portable DVD player in the car, so Charity got to watch her prized Baby Einstein show on the way up.... it made the car ride much more pleasant for mommy and daddy!
  8. Even when our visits our short, I always treasure time spent with my family in Sacramento.  We got to spend both Friday and Saturday night with both my parents and my sister and brother-in-law and their two girls.  They adore Charity, and I love seeing cousins play together!
  9. After church today, we got to make a quick home visit to one of our precious friends, Nikki Hash. She is one of our biggest cheerleaders, and a smile from her can brighten my entire week!
  10. Believe it or not, tonight I am packing for yet another trip down south.  Tomorrow morning we leave to spend Memorial Day with some of our best friends in Yucaipa, a small town North of San Diego, and then guess were we're headed again on Tuesday??  -- That's right!  Disneyland!  This time we're spending it with one of our fellow couple friends, looking forward to doing the magic with them.... and I love being an annual pass holder!

No comments: