Ten Things That Made This Week Wonderful:
- Tuesday night, John had a magic performance at a local college service in town. I was fortunate enough to be in the audience, but the best part is, four young adults met Jesus Christ as their Savior that night!
- On Wednesday, Charity decided that she wanted to cuddle with mama. Not normally a cuddly baby, this was such a pleasant and comforting treat! Truly made my week. We enjoyed snuggling on the couch while watching Baby Einstein.
- In one week, Charity has gone from hardly walking at all, to walking everywhere. She definitely moves around on her feet at least 75% of the time now; a cute duck waddle... I officially have a toddler!
- Another developmental milestone: Charity is starting to use words more! She says "doooow!" (with great inflection) when she wants to watch her "show", and she says "eat" (very gutturally) when she's hungry. I love it! My baby girl is growing up!
- I love the $10 gift card that Kohl's sends in the mail! I bought a pair of darling black flats for five bucks thanks to the deal!
- John and I had a great time talking theology with some students that came over on Wednesday night.
- God is so gracious and patient with me as I beg and plead and ask so many questions. I am so thankful for his kindness and peace in my life.
- Yesterday morning, while we were still in our Saturday jammies, we get a surprise knock on the door. It was one of our great friends who had been out of the country for the last three months. We so enjoyed catching up with him and then later we all went out to lunch at Chili's.
- This morning, I took Charity to the nursery at church, but skipped out on church myself and went home (I know, it sounds naughty). But it was so therapeutic to have some morning time that was completely quiet. I had a cup of hot tea and dove in the the precious words of God, and enjoyed some encouraging worship music. I think my "church at home" was exactly what I needed this week!
- Right after I finish writing this post, John and I are going to watch "The Blind Side". I can't believe it has taken me this long to see it, but I'm really excited about it.
...Alright, friends! TTFN.... I'm off to watch a movie with my hubby!