Ten Things That Made the Past Weeks Wonderful:
- I have really enjoyed my time in the kitchen the last few weeks, so much baking and cooking going on in that kitchen... it's wonderful!
- Charity literally makes me laugh every day. She lights up my life.
- Lately I have been extremely thankful for certain qualities in my husband and my marriage: I really love that we are so like-minded. I am thankful that we both graduated from the same school and that we both share the same theology in our thinking and the same philosophies of ministry. It's so refreshing to be able to look at life and appreciate it, knowing that your partner shares the same perspective and appreciations. I am so blessed.
- Last weekend, I went on a women's retreat; one of the best I have ever been on! It was so refreshing! Our speaker was amazing, worship was fabulous, and I really enjoyed being able to get away on my own for the first time without husband or baby. (Plus, I have an amazing husband who took care of my little girl while mommy was gone getting refreshed... once again, what a great guy!)
- I bought a new book! I am still yet to begin reading it as I am in still in the middle of The Hole in our Gospel (which I am loving, by the way), but I am eager to soak up its information. It's called Kitchen Table Counseling by Muriel Cook of Multnomah University.
- Fall has officially begun! It may not feel like it yet, as the weather has been forecasted to go over 100 this week, but my calendar verifies that indeed, fall has begun!
- This past week, our family was able to have a truly unique and treasured experience, we took my Grammy and mother to Disneyland. Now, John and I may go to Disneyland all the time, and my mom goes rather frequently as well, but my precious 88-year old Grammy had not been in nearly 15 years, and it was such a memorable treat to have four generations together at the Happiest Place on Earth.
- Last night, I made the most scrumptious pear-walnut dressing to top our salad of greens.... it was truly exquisite, and so exciting to make something that tasted so stinking great. You can find the recipe here. The only changes I made was that I used olive oil because grapeseed oil was too expensive, and I added a little white wine to the pan to sweeten it up even more.... YUMMY!
- I got two huge bags of hand-me-down clothes from my sister this week for Charity. This is awesome because she has totally outgrown most of her current wardrobe... yeah!
- Tonight was our church's annual Western Night. Fabulous BBQ food, chili cook-off, great desserts, and all kinds of fun cowboy related activities, plus live bluegrass music! We know how to have some good old-fashion fun at Parkside. :)
So much more has happened in the last several weeks that I can rejoice about, but this was just a smattering of things for you. Hope you all have a fabulous week ahead! Count your blessings!