My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Why I Am In Love With Autumn: Reason #1

The WEATHER.
Not too cold, just cool, crisp and refreshing.  Ah, the weather of fall.
 
Can I just say, we have had such a long and hot summer here in sunny Visalia, and I have been dying for it to feel like fall for quite some time now.  This week I finally got my wish, and it has been oh so fabulous-o.
 
There are so many reasons to appreciate the weather that comes with fall.  Anytime the season changes and the weather alters, it puts me in a good mood.  I think God intended it this way.  Change is good for the human soul.  You gain a sense of renewal.  With cooler fall weather comes a change in wardrobe, a change in atmosphere, and a change of the smells in the air.  I love the crispness of it all.  I love the sweet smell that a cool autumn rain will bring (such as the aroma that I am currently enjoying out my window).  I love the cleansing zing that you get from breathing in that cool morning air you can only get this time of year.  And there is nothing like that chilly, refreshing breeze that runs through the air, licking your hair.
 
In addition, going along with my love of fashion, with the drop in temperature comes the opportunity to wear cozy sweaters and my all-time favorite accessory: scarves.   I truly have a scarf fettish.  I have dozens of them hanging in my closet for every occasion.  So you can imagine my delight at finally being able to adorn some of these little beauties.
 
When it's cooler outside, it makes you want to bundle up inside.  Light a fire, have something hot to drink in your favorite mug, curl up in your fuzziest blanket.  And then, let the sounds of wind whipping or rain pattering or leaves rustling soothe your soul.  Nothing beats that atmosphere.  I am a sucker for the comfortable and the cozy.
 
Ah yes, there is nothing quite like the weather that accompanies this season:  Pleasant and serene while having a bit of bite!
 

No comments: