This tea is like fall in a cup, and I truly can't get enough of it.
Let me do a little product review for you:
- A rich, beautiful black tea
- It is part of a line up of fall teas by The Republic of Tea, and it can only be found seasonally at Cost Plus World Market (my all-time favorite store).
- It can be purchased in-store only for $10.99... perhaps a bit pricey to some people, but worth it if you love tea!
- Comes with 50 bags of tea, so this will last you a while!
- The initial flavor is ginger, but then the overwhelming flavor theme is the pumpkin... it's like sweet, baked pumpkin running all the way through each sip. Then it has all the notes of traditional pumpkin pie spice: cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
- As an avid tea drinker, I give this one 5 out of 5 stars. It has stellar flavor!
Let me also offer a few tea preparation suggestions:
- Because it's a black tea, it can be brewed with water at a rolling boil. Some other types of teas, like green and white teas, require the temp to be just under boiling.
- To retain the heat of the water while brewing, I cover my mug with a plastic lid or a plate. You may even want to pre-heat your mug.
- I brew my tea for 4 minutes. Anywhere from 3-5 minutes is fine, but if you brew tea too long, it becomes bitter.
- I also prepare my tea the way my mommy taught me, and the way she learned in England: with milk and honey, NOT cream and sugar. In my opinion, it's the only way to drink black tea! (but don't use nonfat milk, it's too weak and not creamy enough)
The taste and comfort of this tea screams fall and all the flavors that you crave during this season. Drinking it practically begs you to do so in front of a fire with a blanket or on a brisk autumn afternoon when you need to take the chill off. What better way to be put in the fall mood than by curling up with a cupful of this to enjoy sip by sip?