My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Monday, February 7, 2011

A New Family

It's warm today for this time of year.  68 and sunny.  But I don't mind.  In fact, I rather like it.  It's nice to have the warm sun streaming through the windows, brightening up the home, reminding me that there is life beyond these four walls.  I don't get outside of the house much these days.

Here is my excuse for this hermit-like behavior:


Our brand new baby boy, Silas John Paul, was born on his daddy's birthday, December 20th, 6 lbs. 3 oz., 18 inches long, at 8:24 am.  He is seven weeks old today--and that is how long it has taken me to get back onto my blog.  Any of you parents out there know how time consuming and restless caring for a newborn is... and I have a rambunctious toddler on my hands to add to the work.  ...Alas, even before I finished typing that very sentence, my sweet tiny son awoke from the content slumber that he was in with discomfort and screaming...  And this is why I don't get out of the house too often: baby care and feeding 24-7, changing diapers, providing snacks, cleaning spit up, picking up toys, laundry round the clock, putting little ones to sleep, and enduring many forms of tears and whining (including my own) ...This is my new life.  

Obviously, this leaves little time for luxuries like internet surfing and all-important blogging.   But that's alright, really.  As much as I miss my old "normal"... the new "normal" (though exhausting) has its abundant joys and I know will reap great rewards.  
 
Every time Charity sees her baby brother, she has to give him a kiss.  And every moment Silas depends on my care.  And every day I watch my husband hold and love on my children with adoration.  I may have taken on a very full and demanding lifestyle, but oh how joyous and fulfilling...






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures. I remember those days and they are fleeting. It is hard to relish them at times, but you will someday. Enjoy every moment. Charity is growing like a weed, she just looks like a little girl now, not so much a baby anymore.Silas is darling, still longing for the day, I can finally hold him.