My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Week of Wonderful

Okay, so I've been behind on these.  Life has been busier than I anticipated, and a head cold to boot hasn't been the best at keeping me on task, but the point of this week is not to complain about my cold or busy schedule, but to talk about how great this week was!

Ten Things That Made This Week Wonderful:
  1. John and I decided to try out the free Netflix one-month trial this week, and I think we're already hooked.  Having the unlimited online movies to instantly watch makes us feel like we just gained a massive personal movie library.
  2. I'm slowly starting to feel the movement of the baby in my womb!  It's such a miraculous sensation.
  3. On Friday we get to meet our little bun in the oven and find out if Charity is having a baby brother or a baby sister!  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.
  4. Charity is learning new words and concepts every day!  It's is insanely fun to watch.  My favorite is when she says in her tiny sweet voice, "wraawwk..."(rock) -- and she bobs her head from side to side.
  5. It hasn't been as nearly BLISTERING hot this week as it usually is in Visalia.  I think that adds to the wonderfulness this week for sure!  Yay for ninety-degree weather!
  6. On Thursday, my friend Sherry (who is the Martha Stewart equivalent in her baking and culinary skills at our church), brought by the most scrumptious loaf of homemade blueberry zucchini bread.  I'm not even a zucchini fan, but this bread is delish!
  7. One of my dearest friends in all the world got married on Friday.  I am beyond happy for her.  (The only thing that is not wonderful about that is that I wasn't able to be there to witness the wonderful wedding event)..... Congratulations Jessica and David!
  8. We took a family outing to Fresno yesterday and went to Chevy's for dinner.  Chevy's was my favorite restaurant in Redding, so any trip out to Chevy's to enjoy their endless homemade tortillas and crispy flautas with jalapeno jelly is a fabulous day!  Also when we were in Fresno we went to the Disney store in the mall, where Charity fell in love with Pooh Bear...
  9. We had a youth leader meeting after church today.  I always enjoy hosting our volunteers at our home.  I hope we can give back to them as much as they give to us.
  10. Topping off the week was our family popcorn and movie night tonight.  John got an air-popper a while back, and we decided to break it in tonight.  Look at the fun we had:


2 comments:

NH said...

FUN!!!

Felicia said...

I love it! She's getting so big! I hope I get to see her and the rest of the fam soon. Very excited for number 3! Love you!