My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Monday, February 27, 2012

A Week of Wonderful and Nutella Frosted Cupcakes!

This was a really fabulous week.  Lots to be thankful for.  Plus, it includes cupcakes topped with Nutella buttercream frosting! That can't be bad, right?



Little Things That Made This Week Wonderful...
  • Last weekend John had the privilege of being the magic entertainment at the CMA Pacific Northwest District's Youth Conference (or DYC) in Portland, Oregon.  While there, he reaped the blessing of leading eleven students to Christ!
  • On Monday I had a great Starbucks date with a girlfriend who is a fellow youth worker.  We gabbed for a good two hours about students, marriage, relationships, and ministry... a perfect outing!
  • I'm so happy for the little peeks of spring weather out here in sunny California!  I put my flip flops on for the first time in months this week!!
  • Tuesday is John's day off, and this week we had lots of extra fun baking with Charity Tuesday morning as she had her first experience with making cupcakes.  She loved it, and couldn't keep from sticking her fingers in the batter!



My sweet rascal... how precious is she, discovering the joys of baking?  (Cause let's get real... when no one's looking, I lick the bowl too.... okay, maybe I don't care if you look or not.)



Daddy and daughter.  They love each other so deeply.  It makes my heart melt.





Okay, so I tried, and I have no real skill for doing fancy cupcake icing swirls.  (Despite the several links I've pinned on my pinterest board!)  ...But when it comes down to it... you're just gonna gobble it up anyway, and my kiddos certainly could care less!  All that really matters is the fact that they taste fantastic!


cupcake coma. :)

...We made the cupcakes with just a simple yellow cake mix, but the nutella buttercream was just glorious! So smooth, creamy, just plain yum.

 Here is the basic recipe.... I adapted it from a combination of several I found on the web, and just went with the ratio of ingredients I felt was best.

Nutella Buttercream Frosting:
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 13oz jar of Nutella
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • pinch of kosher salt
  • 1 tbs. vanilla extract
  • 2 tbs. milk or cream
Beat together until smooth.  
Wait until cupcakes have cooled to add frosting.
Pipe in piping bag or just slather it on the cupcake to enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I'm tempted to make this frosting. I have everything sitting in the cupboard. Oh no!

It was so good to see you yesterday.