My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Why I Am In Love With Autumn: Reason #2

The Colors!!

No need to mention that oranges and reds and golds are among my all-time favorite colors on the spectrum anyway. I love to dress in beautiful warm colors, I love to decorate with them, I love just about everything that has to do with these delicious hues.
  
The colors of fall speak warmth and coziness to our psyche. These colors make me comfortable. I love driving down the street and seeing all the colors of the changed leaves. Hues of fiery orange, rich goldenrod, warm cinnamon, and deep burnt red... it's like nature's poetry.

I especially love orange. To some it's an ugly color, to others it's extremely trendy. But I love it so much that I actually have walls in my living room and kitchen painted a rusty orange, I follow a whimsical blog called "How About Orange", and every fall season I like to invest in some wonderful orange accessory. Two years ago it was a fabulous fiery scarf, last year it was a great new orange top. This year, as my budget is penny-pinching, it was a simple, fabulous bottle of shimmery orange nail polish.

Perhaps the color of autumn will inspire you this season as well!  So wrap yourself in warmth, and enjoy these rich hues of nature before the sting of winter takes them away.

No comments: